Monday, August 12, 2013

Kian Hock Coffee Shop瓊福茶屋

I had lunch with mum and sister here because we heard that the Thai Millian is believed to be nicest here. It was crowded during the lunch time and we managed to grab a table. My mum said she heard the roasted duck is good too so I went to see how it is. I saw the newspaper article pasted on the wall introduce the duck rice. It was written they used charcoal to roast the duck.

We ordered roasted duck, pork and char siew but they only left roasted duck. Then we added the Thai Millian and fried brinjal/Eggplant with salted fish.

Thai Millian(RM8) - recently started to have this way of cooking.  It is not fried. The millian is cooked in boiling water and later dry it. Then they add their own sauce(onion, lemon, some unknown sauce) on top of the millian and mix together.  This is like Chinese salad. It tasted good but I prefer the onion to be cooked.


Stir Fried Brinjal/Eggplant with Salted Fish(RM8) - this is nice although I did not really tasted the salted fish a lot. I believed they deep fried brinjal 1st then stir fried with pork and salted fish. The only thing is this dish is quite oily.


Roasted Duck Rice(RM6) - not a fan of duck. I can't really tell what is best about it but it tasted nice to me. My sister like it a lot too.


Kian Hock Coffee Shop瓊福茶屋
Address: Jalan Maju, 96000 Sibu, Sarawak

No comments: