Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Poulét I

Poulét is a french word, simply means chicken, which is what the restaurant served as their signature. It is a open kitchen concept restaurant where you can see how the chef prepare for your food. It just opened not too long ago when I went for dinner, that's why we saw queue on weekday dinner time. I was quite lucky to be there not too late, so only 2 groups in front of me. The place isn't too big, hence, limited seats.

Before we came, I did a survey online and see what is the must try item, we had only 2 of us, so decided to get a appertiser, salad, main course and desserts.




Escargot de Bourgogne($8.80) - Half dozen Burgundy snails served with tomato Fondue and almond garlic butter. When I saw this,  I felt like, wah..very oily yeah..It actually tasted quite special with the tomoto fondue at the bottom. Not the best escargot I had tried, but you may try it out.


Salad de Paris($9.80) - Chopped garden salad, dried cranberry, tomato, avocado, black olive and roasted pine nut served with french dressing. It looked like a very simple salad, I like it. Next time I will try to make it myself.


Poulet Roti($15.80 - Half, $28.80 - Whole) - signature rotisserie chicken, served with mushroom Chardonnay sauce. This is the signature chicken and you should really try this. The chicken is crispy and smells really good, if you are queueing outside, you may notice most of the tables will have this chicken and when they cut the chicken, the smell really great. The chicken tasted average but the mushroom sauce is fantastic. It served really good with the chicken. MUST TRY it!!


Profiteroles($7.80) - Choux Puffs with vanilla ice-cream served with warm chocolate sauce and almond flakes. I am quite disappointed with this or may be I did not know how to appreciate it. This is like 2 biscuits stuffed with ice-cream. Nothing too special.


Tiramisu($7.80) - Mascarpone cheese, sponge finger soaked in Espresso and Rum syrup. How can we go without tiramisu for the dessert? The portion is generous than I expected. Not the best I had but still very nice. I love tiramisu badly.



This was our bill. I won't feel too expensive for this quality of French food and I know I will be back again to try out the other stuff or just for the Poulet Roti.



Poulét 
Address: 201 Victoria Street, Level 4 Bugis+, Singapore
Tel:  +65 6509 9411
Website: http://poulet.com.sg/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PouletSG

No comments: